Your underwear will last significantly longer if you take good care of it and treat it properly. Here are a few tips on how to care for your undies:
How To Wash Different Fabrics
- Can handle hot temperatures
Organic fabrics (Cotton, Seacell®):
- Can be dried on high-heat
- Can be ironed on hot
- Should be machine-washed on cold to warm temperatures
- Can be tumbled dry on low temperature
- Avoid using fabric softener
- No chlorine bleach
- Color-safe bleach can be used, but be sure to rinse thoroughly
- Line dry or tumble dry on a very low heat setting
- Do not iron microfiber
Environmental Best Practice
Cold wash and air dry if you want to show the earth a little love. This will also help retain the shape and colour of your garment.
Taking Care of Bright Colours
To care for your bright coloured garments, we suggest that you separate contrasting colours.
Tips To Help Maintain Your Underwear
- Turn your garments inside out
- Avoid anything abrasive, such as denim or garments with velcro or zippers. These can be harmful, especially in a repetitive motion like in a washer or dryer.
- Avoid using fabric softener. The fabric softener clogs the pores of the technical fabrics, so it makes the fabric not wick away sweat as well.
- Do not mix garments. Underwear should ideally be washed separately.
- As much as possible, avoid using tumble dryers. They ruin fabric, fade colors and shrink underwear.
- Avoid dry-cleaning your undies.